Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Are You Available

It could be said that I read too much, I am not sure that it is possible, and this morning proved to me why I read so much. I ahve been studying through the book A Beautiful Fight by Gary Thomas. On page 215 this paragraph means so much to me right now,
"Even with God's power, we can be pathetic. even with God's authority, we can be fearful, dim-witted, and stupid. And yet in the midst of our failures and spectacular limitations, God still sends us out and still allows his power to break through and accomplish something through us that we could never do on our own."

I don't even like to talk about issues of adequacy, mainly because I feel so completely and utter inadequate to accomplish what God has put before me. I spend a good ahre of my time just waiting for the whole thing to fall apart. There are so many times in my life where I feel like a fraud. I am no perfect person, and I am do not have any glaring sin in my life, but I know that I am so unable to do what it is I am called to do. It is frightening to think that God could use me for anything of significance. Then I must wrestle with the quote above. I can be pathetic, fearful, dim-witted, and stupid. I can fail and disply my limitations, and God is still going to use me. And God will use all who are willing to be available.

Caution!! being avaiable to God may cause some adverse affects on your life. You may no longer just get by. You may no longer accept injustice. You may no longer dabble in a life with God. If you are willing to make yourself increasingly available to God, transforamtion is what is ahead.

No comments: