Monday, February 11, 2008

Dreams Deferred

All my life I have been a dreamer. Many times this has come in handy, other times it has made life difficult. The life of a dreamer is one where there is a insane pull toward what could be. this pull get so strong it becomes difficult to stay in the moment God has presented. Prehaps it is because I am a dreamer, that I like ot hink of God as a dreamer. God looks at each of our lives, and the community of believers and dreams about what could be. I guess it could be said that it is not as much a dream for God, but a picture of a preffered reality. Yet often we as human beings make decisions that prolong the achievement of the dream. We, humanity, does not have the ability to derail the dreams of God, only defer them. I guess the same is true for all of us. The dream is always there. The only time I think a dream truly dies is when we die. A dream may got so deferred that we think it is gone, but I think it gnaws at us for the rest of our lives.

There are a few dreams that I have, which will have to wait a little bit, but I still hold tight to those dreams. First, I dream of someday starting a church from scratch. Second, I dream of seeing God use the band Lord If I Know for great kingdom work. Third, I dream of seeing God use me to teach those who will teach others about the amazing God who we serve.

There are many other dreams, but those are the biggies. I have no doubt that God will work those dreams in my life. For now however, I am learning how to remain in the place that I am at, the place I am convinced God wants me to be. I get to serve a church with a great future, and great people following the Lord, and most important, even more important that the dreams, I ahve a wife and family that will let me try whatever it is God is calling me toward.

I guess to sum it up, I want to encourage all of us to dream big dreams, just rememeber whos idea this whole dreaming thing was anyway. And once the door opens to realize the dream, GO!

No comments: