Monday, November 12, 2007

Jumping Into a Rock

Now by most people's account jumping into a rock is not one the smarter things that one could do with their time and energy. In fact if done with enough force, and distance could have quite extreme consequences. There is a rock though, that we should all jump into, fore it is the Rock, also known as Jesus that we should be jumping into. I want to be clear that we are not to jump into the church, we are not to jump into some institution, we are not to jump into anything that is made by human hands, or gives glory to human hands. We are to jump with all our might into Jesus Christ. Yesterday, Sunday, November 11, 2007 was the day that both my feet left the edge of where I was at. I am now headed full speed ahead toward the Rock, Jesus Christ. While I am still a part of a dying, if not dead, institution, that is not where I am jumping to. I am jumping to Jesus. No longer will status quo living and minister have room in my life. No longer will I take the easy, comfortable, or casual way out. Every moment of my life will be aimed at following Jesus, no matter where that takes me. I invite you to jump into the Rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to jump for a long time now. The only thing standing in my way was myself. It is here and now I stand, strike down my demons and foresake all else except Jesus!