Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What to Do When It's Broken

Whether we like it or not all of our lives are effected by organizations and institutions. There is not a single person who is exempt from this. Yet there are some who are able to function and do what God has called them to do in spite of a broken system. Usually these are the people who push a dead institution toward reform and renewal. This brings me to a question, when the system is broken what is the difference between reform and insubordination? I am a part of a broken and if not dead on hospice system and institution. The church organization that I belong to is in desperate need of reform, yet I want to make that like King David, I am honoring those who God has placed over me in the organization. I am balancing the drive and call to be a radical reforming voice of renewal and challenge to the system, and the need to respect and honor those who take actions and make decisions that seem to aid in the death of the church. The easy way out would be to become non-denominational, however I think the challenge still follows you. No, when it is broken and dead, revival is the only course of action. There comes a time when those whom God pushes are to step out and challenge the system. If we look at the life of Jesus he was constantly charges with insubordination. Jesus did not follow the rules and regulations of the established system, He advanced the Kingdom of God, even when the religious leaders tried to stop him. I is time to follow the leader, and advance the Kingdom, even if the religious leaders are not willing to go.

Matthew 11:12 says this, " Since the time of John the Baptist the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men and women, take hold of it."

Status quo, playing inside the rules is not going to get the job done. If this means I am charged with insubordination, so be it, I am in good company.

No comments: