Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Come, Let's Go!

I have just finished a re-read of Erwin McManus' book Seizing Your Divine Moment. Every time I read this book I am reminded of how much I need to hear the words presented. This time through, I was repeatedly confronted by the struggle of identifying a moment. Then it it hit me, sorry I am slow, it is not about definition, rather it is about action. Not a single action, but a series of actions we call life.

It would be easy to become paralyzed trying to determine the measure of each moment that come to me. Which moment is my moment? Which moment is the moment God is giving me right now? Those are all distraction questions. They are possibly the design of me, or of Satan. As long as I am asking those questions and not living actions, I am doing very little for the Kingdom of God. There is a time and a place for reflection, and discernment, yet they are only of value if there are connected to action.

So what is the moment God is putting before me? I don't know exactly. What I do know is there is a moment before me ready, longing to be seized. The only way I am going to seize it is by taking action. Even if I take the wrong action, I will be closer to seizing the moment than if I stayed in my chair wondering.

Are you seizing or sitting?

No comments: