Sunday, July 13, 2008

Exhausted

There have only been a few Sunday's in my ministry which I have felt exhausted. Today is one of those days. This means I will have to push through morning services on pure determination to complete the work laid before me. More importantly, anything of quality and consequence for the ministry day will have to come from God. My tank is on fumes and I am ready for a break.

Jesus had times when he needed a break, so he would withdraw to quiet places. I am not going off by myself this week, but I am going to spend time with my family, and time simply relaxing. Yes just when the tank is empty, it is vacation. The precious time when God can renew and refill my soul.

Vacation means for the next week blogs will be random at best. Continue to check each day, but I may not enter each day.

No comments: