Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cost Benefit

I want to start with the disclaimers to get them out of the way. I know that Jesus, and many others in scripture, teach us to be wise. I know that we are to be good stewards. I get that we should not be haphazard with what the lord gives us.

Having said that, I have become quite disturbed with myself lately when it comes to taking risks. I am comfortable with risk as much as the next person, but lately I have been stuck in the world of what if. For some stupid reason I break into a cost/benefit analysis as soon as an opportunity comes up. to be honest with you it makes me sick to be in that mode. It is not how it should be.

What it really comes down to is, do I trust God or not? If the opportunity before me is from God, do I trust God to provide for the needs? I have come to believe the single greatest thing holding people and churches hostage is the inability to trust God to be God.

My closing thought is a quote from the book Entrepreneurial Faith by Kirbyjon Caldwell and Walt Kallestad, "If you can't jump brave, jump scared."

No comments: