Sunday, September 14, 2008

Season of Hope

As I read through the book of Ezekiel and the book of Revelation in the midst of some strange images and complicated happenings, I find hope.I know that while the beginning of Ezekiel and throughout Revelation there is not a whole lot to be excited about. Scene after scene is filled with destruction and death. Yet there is hope, God promises these things will not last forever. Further, those who remain faithful, will experience the day when God will make right all the injustice of the world.

Here is Cortland this is our kickoff Sunday. The education programs for all ages get geared up for the new year, and we begin a new sermon series on community. I know the struggles are not over. I know that there will be some difficult days ahead for the church, yet I am hopeful. It feels as thought the Lord is leading us around the proverbial corner. The atmosphere of the church is charged with anticipation of what God is about to do.

It is a real joy to be a part of what God is doing. Perhaps this will be the season when God opens the floodgates and the glory comes rushing in. This I know for certain, after this season, we will never be the same again.

I invite you to pray with me
Lord God as this new season is entered I ask we would sense you presence in deep and abiding ways. Lord, that we would be a church that you could use for your great plan of redemption. Teach us to follow you, and give us hearts that long to be connected with you. I invite and give permission to you to shape and mold us as you need to. No matter what happens Lord we will praise you. In Christ, Amen.

No comments: