Friday, June 27, 2008

The Joy of a New Song

Last night I got to do one of my favorite things, play music with my band, Lord if I Know . We are preparing for some up coming ministry opportunities, and learning some new music. It was great joy simply getting together with the guys and playing. I continue to be amazed at how God brings the 4 of us together, and quickly we are on the same beat and page.

Part of the experience was learning new music. For some people new music is threatening. There are folks who would rather always work with the songs which are already known. For me there is a great excitement around new songs. Whether they are new to me, or simply new. Songs that are brand new, still being written, I am awestruck at the way God works.

It is not just in songs which God is calling us to something new. God loves us right where we are at, yet refuses to leave us there. God wants to takes us to new places, possibly uncharted places. Will we whine for the "comfort of Egypt" or will we press ahead to the new place God is calling us? Will we dance to the new song, or mourn over the song which is no longer played?

An important note. I will be going to Maine for the next week on a mission trip. I am not sure what the Internet access will be, so I might be taking a week long break. I promise if I am gone for the week, I will be back as soon as possible.

No comments: