Friday, May 9, 2008

The Gifts We Are Given

As I said in the last post, we are all uniquely designed and created by God to be exactly the person we are. This includes the ways in which God has gifted us for work in the Kingdom. The way that we created with gifts is not a matter of happenstance. God knit us together exactly as He intended. I am sure that many have heard the cliche, God does not make junk. Our giftedness goes well beyonds matters of junk, in into living the life that Christ died to give each one of us. When we are not using and developing the gifts given to us by God we are hurting the Body of Christ, and dishonoring the work of God in our creation.

What are the gifts God has given you for work in the Kingdom?
This in some ways is very easy to answer, on the other hand it is very difficult. Many of you reading this perhaps have a better handle on my giftings than I do. That being said I thing God has given me the gift of leading others, the gift of teaching others, and the gift of initiating and innovating transformation. My understanding of this comes from the places and ministry God continues to put before me.

Make sure to take some time today and reflect on your giftedness. Also take some time today to tell other people the gifts you see in them.

No comments: