Saturday, May 17, 2008

Planting Time

What will be left when you are gone? I don't mean like when you move from one place to another. When you retire. I mean when you die, what will be left behind? Every day of our lives we are planting the seeds of our legacy. Something will grow from each of our lives, will is be good fruit or bad? At the age of 32, it is often hard to think in such terms, there is still a part of me that feels the invincibility of my late teens and early 20's. The fact remains, the day will come when I end this earthly pilgrimage, and enter into rest. What will be left behind from my life?

What seeds are you planting?
It profoundly impacts me to think that I am planting seeds every moment of my life. That each action, word and choice I make plants a seed in eternity. It would not be truthful for me to say I hope people don't remember me. It would not be truthful to say that all I want is people to look at God from my life. The seeds I am hoping to be planting produce a fruit that shows my life lived following after God. That people would remember me, not for the sake of me, but because of what God did in my life. That others would find the greatness of God because I was faithful to the seed God planted in me and gave me to plant.



No comments: